Upcoming changes to incident management
The CEC website has undergone a refresh. You may have used an old bookmark to reach this page. Please update your bookmarks by 30 April 2020 when the redirects end.
These are the changes coming in 2020.
New legislation to strengthen incident management
We are changing how we manage serious incidents in NSW, with a reinvigorated focus on patients, carers, families and staff.
Key changes to serious incident management
- A Preliminary Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of people and the environment
- Appointment of a dedicated family contact
- Separate findings and recommendations
- Additional experts to help develop recommendations
- Alternate methodologies to Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
Implementation by the end of the year
We are working on a new Incident Management policy, education and resources.
Not the only big change in incident management this year
The exciting new state-wide ims+ incident management system is being rolled out in 2020. You will implement the changes to incident management after all of NSW Health has switched to ims+.
We welcome your questions and ideas. You can contact the SIM team at CEC-SIIM@health.nsw.gov.au or via phone on 9269 5500.
|Director, Sue-Anne Redmond||Policy Officer, Corina Yiannoukas||Education Lead, Maria Jessing|