Increased coordinated uptake and evaluation of evidence-based safety programs.
- Provide implementation support to healthcare providers to spread, scale and sustain patient safety improvement with an emphasis on seven programs: maternity and neonates, paediatrics, adult, older people, mental health, infection prevention and control, and medication safety.
- Provide targeted support to rural and regional healthcare settings to design, implement and collaborate around appropriate safety and quality structures and approaches.
Enhanced system-wide safety improvement capability and succession planning
- Implement the NSW safety and quality capable workforce pathway with LHDs and SHNs.
- Increase the knowledge, application and integration of human factors across patient safety.
- In partnership with HETI, establish a program for Deputy Directors of Clinical Governance and a program for Accredited IPAC Practitioners.
The CEC is organised to implement bespoke, rapid and agile responses to system needs
- Establish a service delivery model that ensures agile mobilisation and deployment of expert CEC teams to meet the urgent and planned needs of the system.