Developing and delivering education is a fundamental component to ensuring the improvement project's success. Education and training will need to be delivered to a variety of stakeholder groups at numerous points throughout the project lifecycle. The purpose and content of the education will vary pending on the project stage (for example, testing versus implementation).
- Starting the session with an interactive poll or pre and post quiz to check perception and changes in knowledge
- Including a recent patient story from your health service to build engagement
- Inviting a well-respected local champion to speak to the unit/ward where your improvement project is being conducted
- Aiming for short and frequent sessions to increase attendance – consider how those staff who work night shift will receive education
- Collecting feedback following education sessions
- Keeping a record of the attendance
- Collaborating within your team (you don't have to plan or conduct the whole education session by yourself).