Education, training, posters and videos
Guidance, training and resources for using personal protective equipment (PPE) in response to COVID-19 in NSW.
Last updated 7 September 2021
Updated: 1 July 2020 | Size: 2.7 MB, 46 slides
This adaptable PowerPoint presentation provides an overview of the COVID-19 pandemic, NSW Health response and infection prevention and control information.
Updated: 5 May 2020 | Size: 4.1 MB, 58 slides
This adaptable presentation is an introduction to infection prevention and control Standard and Transmission–Based Precautions summarising the purpose of PPE and detailed steps for safe donning and doffing.
Published: 20 October 2020 | Size 190 KB, 5 pages
Checklist to assess clinical competency for combined precautions.
- Airway Management Respiratory Precautions
- Christmas Decorations and Infection Prevention and Control
- Combined airborne and contact precautions - Poster
- Combined contact and droplet precautions - Poster
- Contact, Droplet, Airborne Precautions Operating/Procedural Rooms – Landscape
- Contact and Droplet Precautions Operating/Procedural Rooms – Landscape
- Contact Droplet – Gown and Gloves separately – Portrait
- Contact Droplet – Gown and Gloves together – Portrait
- Contact Droplet Airborne – Gown and Gloves separately – Portrait
- Contact Droplet Airborne – Gown and Gloves together – Portrait
- COVID-19 Risk assessment guide for PPE selection for direct care of patients
- Emergency Department – PPE Quick Reference Guide
- Gown or Apron Principles for Risk Assessing
- Infection Control for Food Services
- Isolation – Landscape
- Isolation – Portrait
- PPE Guidance for Community Pharmacies
- Principles of fit checking – how to don and fit check P2 and N95 masks
- Respiratory Hygiene
- Stop the Spread
Overview fit testing of P2 or N95 respirators. Fit test preparation and setup - Video 1
Length: 8m 51s
PortaCount fit testing of P2 or N95 disposable respirator - Video 2A
Length: 9m 55s
NSW Health staff should view these videos via My Health Learning for the recognition of the completion of their training.
PPE for Combined Contact and Droplet Precautions
Length: 5m 50s
PPE for Combined Contact, Droplet and Airborne Precautions
Length: 6m 53s