Education, training, posters and videos
Guidance, training and resources for using personal protective equipment (PPE) in response to COVID-19 in NSW.
Last updated 31 May 2021
Updated: 1 July 2020 | Size: 2.7 MB, 46 slides
This adaptable PowerPoint presentation provides an overview of the COVID-19 pandemic, NSW Health response and infection prevention and control information.
Updated: 5 May 2020 | Size: 4.1 MB, 58 slides
This adaptable presentation is an introduction to infection prevention and control Standard and Transmission–Based Precautions summarising the purpose of PPE and detailed steps for safe donning and doffing.
Published: 20 October 2020 | Size 190 KB, 5 pages
Checklist to assess clinical competency for combined precautions.
- Airway Management Respiratory Precautions
- Christmas Decorations and Infection Prevention and Control
- Contact, Droplet, Airborne Precautions Operating/Procedural Rooms – Landscape
- Contact and Droplet Precautions Operating/Procedural Rooms – Landscape
- Contact Droplet – Gown and Gloves separately – Portrait
- Contact Droplet – Gown and Gloves together – Portrait
- Contact Droplet Airborne – Gown and Gloves separately – Portrait
- Contact Droplet Airborne – Gown and Gloves together – Portrait
- COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Department – PPE Quick Reference Guide (under revision - May 2021)
- Infection Control for Food Services
- Isolation – Landscape
- Isolation – Portrait
- Prevent transmission – Protect Staff and Patients
- Principles of fit checking – how to don and fit check P2 and N95 masks
- Respiratory Hygiene
- Stop the Spread
- Special Precautions for COVID-19 Designated Zones
PPE training videos
NSW Health staff should view these videos via My Health Learning for the recognition of the completion of their training.
PPE for Combined Contact and Droplet Precautions
Length: 5m 50s
PPE for Combined Contact, Droplet and Airborne Precautions
Length: 6m 53s