MSSA Australian Hospitals
The Medication Safety Self Assessment® for Australian Hospitals (2015) workbook provides the information required to begin assessing your hospital's medication safety systems. The workbook can be downloaded in full or in part below.
- Complete workbook PDF ~1.7MB
- Introduction to the self-assessment and instructions on how to proceed PDF ~166KB
- Definitions you will need for completing the self-assessment PDF ~143KB
- Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with scoring the items PDF ~252KB
- Self-assessment items PDF ~1.0MB
- Login to the database
- Database starter guide PDF ~2.0MB
An online database is available to assist users with the recording and analysis of their hospital's self-assessment results. This database allows hospitals to:
- Enter and retain a record of your hospital's scores online.
- Display results in graphical form to easily identify areas for improvement.
- Track progress over time.
- Automatically calculate weighted aggregate scores for each key element and core characteristic.
- Compare themselves against other hospitals (in a de-identified way) according to demographic variables selected.
A new account is required to access the online database for the 2015 version of the self-assessment. To create an account, please complete the User Registration Form.
A username and password will be generated and sent to you within ten working days.
In addition, collaborative accounts may be created upon request, which allow the user to have an overview of results from hospitals participating in the collaborative.