Perinatal Safety Education (Previously FONT)
The Fetal welfare, Obstetric emergencies and Neonatal resuscitation Training (FONT) Program underwent a major review in 2019. From 2020, the program was redesigned and renamed Perinatal Safety Education.
The new Perinatal Safety Education consists of two pathways.
This pathway became available from May 2020 and is mandatory for all NSW Health Midwives, Obstetricians and Trainees and includes:
- Online modules to be completed only once. Access eLearning modules here (Once logged in please search for Fetal Safety Education).
- An annual online assessment. This must be completed successfully to achieve compliance.
- Note: These are a prerequisite to the Team Training face to face sessions
- Three hours of Fetal Safety (face to face) Team Training to be completed annually. Search for local offerings in My Health Learning or contact one of your local educators.
The new pathway is still being developed and due for release in June 2021.
The existing ONT program will continue to be facilitated and mandatory. This includes:
- The Maternity Emergencies face to face program (ONT face to face)
- The K2ms maternity crisis modules
Access the online sessions to K2ms Perinatal Training Program. Please contact your local education team for K2ms login details.