Resources for clinicians
Education for NSW Health Staff
My Health Learning provides modules to support identification of pressure injury risk factors, prevention strategies and management if pressure injuries occur.
- Guiding principles for pressure injury prevention during patient transport
- Help prevent pressure injuries – for patients on stretchers
- How to use the knee-bend stretcher mattress function and lateral wedge
- Transport stretcher mattress review
- How to review a transport stretcher mattress - video
- Pressure injury prevention during patient transport: A collaborative approach - webinar
- Pressure Injury Prevention strategies – information for clinicians
- Care planning for pressure injury prevention
- Repositioning and support surfaces for people in bed - information for clinicians
- Equipment video
- Repositioning video
- Early mobilisation videos
- Take the Pressure Off video (Sep 2016). This video highlights the important role of the care team in pressure injury prevention.
- Special population resources available on the ACI website.
- International Consensus Document Device-related pressure ulcers: SECURE prevention, 2020.Gefen A, Alves P, Ciprandi G et al. Device related pressure ulcers: SECURE prevention. J Wound Care 2020; 29(Sup2a): S1–S52 https://doi.org/10.12968/jowc.2020.29.Sup2a.S1
Two daughters, both nurses, tell this story about their mother who developed a pressure injury during a hospital admission lasting 10 days. Watch Madge's story.
Madge's story supporting resources
A Patient's Perspective - Jake's Story
A presentation prepared by Margo Asimus